Communications networks have always been essential to the support of technology that has become a way of life for people and businesses alike. Prior to the advent of fiber optic cabling, copper wires were twisted together into sets that would support the current need, but major changes to the network were very expensive and took a very long time. Along with being more cost-efficient and easier to maintain, these five characteristics of fiber optics are drawing Long Beach businesses into upgrade projects that will revolutionize their operations.
1. Efficient and secure – High-capacity means that fiber optic cabling can deliver voice and data communications over a fiber that is no thicker than a human hair. Devices on both ends will communicate clearly without degradation of the signal. Long Beach fiber cabling is more secure than any copper network since light can traverse the network in less time.
2. Long distances – Fiber optics can carry data over extensive distances without loss of integrity of the signal or the need for repeating equipment. This advantage means that there are fewer pieces of equipment to purchase or maintain.
3. Non-corrosive – Fiber optics are made of thin strands of glass that do not draw moisture or rust in the elements. Long-lasting fiber optic fibers will perform perfectly for years without intervention.
4. Non-conductive – Since the signal is made of light instead of electrical impulses, equipment and people are safe from any breach of the physical casing around the cabling.
5. No interference – Electrical, x-ray and radio waves do not affect the performance of the fiber optic network. Long Beach fiber cabling will perform perfectly in the most challenging environments.
Long Beach companies have been using fiber optic networks for years and depend on fiber optics to support their business communication needs. Fiber optic cabling provides substantial advantages that make this technology a perfect companion to the forward leaps technology is realizing in the twenty-first century.
Fiber Optic Installation is an Investment for the Future
There is no denying that your cabling infrastructure is expensive. When you have an outdated cabling infrastructure, it can affect the performance of your network and the performance of your devices. Fiber optic cabling has become the new infrastructure of the future. Not only does this type of cabling offer the highest bandwidth, it also can resist electromagnetic interference. As a business owner, it is important to know fiber optic installation costs and the costs of all of the special equipment that will be needed for the project. Learn how to choose the right installation company and also how fiber cabling will act as a long-term investment by reading on.
Considerations When Hiring a Fiber Optics Installer
When you are having any type of cabling infrastructure installed, you want to make sure that it is installed properly the first time. Because fiber optics cabling is a cabling system of the future, you need to make sure you take time to research all of the installers in your area before you hire any of them. While the cost of installation has been dropping dramatically in the last year, it is still a costly expense. Having to hire more than one company to complete the installation may end up costing you more in the long run. Here are the most important factors that you should consider when hiring a professional fiber optic installation company:
Experience: Experience is important in any industry. You need to make sure the company you hire has been in the industry for 5 years or more. They should also follow industry standard procedures to ensure that desired network speeds are achieved.
Price: While the cost of installation is going down, not all installation companies are lowering the prices of their services. You should always consider price after considering experience. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for in most cases.
Warranties: If something does go wrong during the installation process, you need peace of mind in knowing that your installation comes with a warranty. Make sure there is a warranty of the labor as well as the fiber optic cabling so that you can cover all of your bases.
Reliability: If you own a business, you need your network to be up and running as soon as possible. You should be able to give the company a reasonable deadline and get a guarantee that the infrastructure will be working by the end of this deadline.
How Fiber Cabling Saves Long-Term Investment
You have to consider the future whenever you are making a large investment. While the cost of fiber optic cabling can be expensive, you have to consider how much you will be saving in the future. There is no denying that fiber optics are the future. These cables will also give you a faster network so you are more efficient as a business. It is better to invest now so you can save more money later.
Find a reputable fiber optic installer and make a wise investment that will benefit your business long-term. Now that you understand what to look for, follow these considerations and choose an installer you can trust so you can have a new cabling infrastructure installed.